The date is set and it is time to start meeting with potential wedding vendors. Each type of vendor should be asked specific questions. For instance, for the caterer you might ask “what’s your policy on incorporating a family recipe?”, or for the photographer, “how long after the wedding will our photos be done?”
Here are some more tips we advise to use in order to get the most out of your wedding vendor meetings:
What to bring:
– Your budget- and stick to it! Remember that you set a specific budget for that vendor and try not to get caught up in their presentation.
– Your timeline, or an idea of it. Then you can decide how long you will be needing that vendor for and if you will need to book them for extra hours. This will help with your keeping to your budget as well.
– Pictures or sentimental items that inspire you. It doesn’t have to be the exact image of what you want, but something like a photo off of Pinterest can help show them the vision in your head. One image may have the color scheme you want; another may show a layout or theme you love.
– Your venue location. Sometimes vendors will charge travel fees if the location is a bit far for them, and this is information you’ll want to find out up front.
What to ask each vendor:
– How much do you require to reserve the date and is it a deposit or a retainer? A deposit is a down payment, and in most states it is fully refundable—even if a contract states it isn’t. A retainer, on the other hand, cannot legally be refunded to you upon cancellation of your event.
-Will you be on site at the wedding, or will you send an assistant in your place? If they are sending a coworker make sure to set up a meeting with them before the wedding.
– Are you available on my wedding day?
– When is the full balance due, and what forms of payment do you accept?
-What is your cancellation policy? Remember, it’s not unheard of for them to cancel on you either, so ask about that too.
Bottom line: Know what you want before each meeting and make sure it matches your price point!
Contact BTS Event Management for a complimentary consultation and let us be a part of your special day!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!